Linette Lopez at Business Insider.
More specifically, it’s about Romney’s time at Bain and how he earned his fortune— something his campaign hasn’t necessarily been completely transparent about. The piece is called “Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital,” and it’s this month’s Rolling Stone cover story.
The piece is long, and of course, written in classic Taibbi style, so it goes fast, but we pinpointed 10 points that we found shocking/damning overall.
Paraphrase of BI/Taibbi 10 points.
- Romney/Bain used debt to fund “management” fees to Bain.
- Romney avoided Vietnam
- Bain was a Leveraged Bust Out (LBO) Firm
- Romney’s lawyer warned him not to respond to worker mail.
- Romney plays psychopathic mind games even on million a year fellow Bain vampires.
- Bain looted first over all other claims to cashflow or decency.
- Milken liked Bain deals.
- Bain dunked Duncan Donuts in Debt.
- Romney sheared the hair off his taxes.
- Romney’s Olympics bill like a Bain Bust Out deal.
Christians need to oppose this corruption. Deals like Bain deals should be prosecuted. It is wrong to support them or the Wall Street doing them.